Thursday, March 17, 2011

Episode 28 - Brilliant but Untested

Share it Please
My mind wanders quite a bit.  9 times out of 10 it wanders to something food related - grocery lists, cookbooks I want to buy etc etc.  Usually these thoughts are pointless and result in nothing but every now and then something GENIUS comes along...something like APPLE CINNAMON MONTE CRISTOS!!  Incredible right?  Right.  Why didn't I come up with this before?  In any case, of course this revelation happened to come to me while I'm stuck in Cornwall in a house with no means for me to cook much of anything.  So, as of now this recipe gets filled under "things I haven't actually tried making yet and might really suck".  I might try it this weekend when I go home and report back with results. Until then this one is a try at your own risk!

For each sandwich:

2 slices cinnamon raisin bread (I'm gonna make some homemade)
1 tbsp butter
a pinch of each cinnamon and brown sugar
1 layer of thinly sliced apple
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten

First make your butter spread - soften (but don't totally melt) your butter and mash it up with the cinnamon and sugar.  Spread the delicious concoction on 1 side of each piece of bread.  Build the sandwich by layering the apple and the cheese on the bread (the butter-side goes IN).  Next, dip the completed sandwich in the beaten egg as if you were making a french toast sandwich.  Cook in a frying pan over medium low heat until golden brown on both sides and your cheese is melty, gooey, deliciousness!  I dunno how long - like I said, I haven't tried this yet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...