Sunday, April 17, 2011

Episode 30 - Flaming Fruits!

Share it Please
In February Dawson and I took a trip to Cuba.  While we were there we had the BEST DESSERT EVER.  The fact that it was called `flaming fruits` just made it even better.  Everyone needs a little comedy with dessert.  In any case this is my version!  It is a pretty darn good replica if I do say so myself.  Probably because I watched the flaming fruit lady at the resort like a hawk.  I knew I was going to want this when I got home!

1 tbsp margarine
1 banana, sliced lengthwise and then into 6 equal-ish sized pieces
1 shot of creme de banane
1 tsp raspberry jam
optional - 1 shot rum

Melt the margarine in a frying pan over medium-high heat then toss in the bananas and coat them with the maragarine.  Cook the bananas for about 2 minutes then either:

a) add the rum and CAREFULLY light it on fire.  Let the flames burn out and then continue on to option b)

b) skip the rum and just add the creme de banane and toss again to coat.  Give it about 2 minutes to let most of the alcohol burn off.

Finally melt in the jam to make a nice red delicious sauce. Slide the entire concoction onto a plate and devour.  If you`re feeling generous share with a friend.  You could also do this with other fruit i.e. pineapple, apples, mango, guava etc but my general option is that the bananas are unbeatable.  You`ve gotta try them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...