Thursday, August 18, 2011

Episode 48 - Moving to the Country Gonna Eat Me A Lot of Peaches

Share it Please
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

It's peach season, you know.  If you didn't know. shame on you - how on earth did you miss the sudden appearance of "Fresh Ontario-grown Peaches" all over your grocery store?  You do frequent your grocery store, right?  You aren't one of those people who's fridge contains nothing but beer and ketchup from 4 years ago and who never cooks and eats take out for every meal, right?  Right?!  Who am I kidding, of course not...if you're reading this at all it's probably because you're my mother.  Hi mom.  Thanks for reading my blog.

Grilled Peach and Goat Cheese End of Summer Salad

2 peaches, pitted and quartered
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
2 tbsp (or a small handful) of chopped walnuts
2 cups baby arugula
1/4 onion, very thinly sliced
creamy poppy seed salad dressing ( I like the one made by Renee's)

First, preheat a grill to medium.  Once it's toasty, add the peaches and grill for about 5 minutes per side or until they get those nice looking grill lines all over 'em.

Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the salad in a bowl - toss in the arugula then top with the onion, nuts and goat cheese.

When the peaches are grilled and delicious looking chop them up into bite-sized chunks and toss with the salad.  Mmmm.  Mix in the dressing at the last minute - arugula can get soggy pretty quickly.

This one is pretty too!  I would have taken a picture of it but since my camera met it's demise last week and Walmart can't seem to keep the one I want in stock I am still camera-less.  Stupid Walmart.  So - instead of a picture of my delicious salad I will leave you with a video about peaches.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...