Monday, August 22, 2011

Episode 49 - Something Fishy's Going On...

Share it Please
I have this entire week off!  Retail job finished!  School not starting until next Monday! Weeee! I'm free!  Now, what am I going to do with myself all week?!  I can hear you all now "Oh god, not another ridiculously long post about the insignificant things you did all day!" and no, don't worry, I won't subject you to another one of those...this week.  Instead I think I might actually share some recipes!  Recipes!  On a food blog!  How novel!


Prosciutto Wrapped Tilapia with Mango Salsa


2 tsp olive oil
4 slices prosciutto , two per fish
2 pieces of Tilapia
salt and pepper to taste


1/2 mango, diced
1/2 red pepper. diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
a few jarred hot peppers, diced
~8 grape tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp juice from the bottom of the hot pepper jar
1 tsp lime juice


Preheat a grill to medium.  Brush the fish with the olive oil. season with salt and pepper then carefully wrap it up with the prosciutto.  Make yourself a little tin foil boat and put the fish inside.  Place the whole thing on the grill and close the lid.  The tin foil keeps the fish from flaking and falling through the grill.  Cook for about 15 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
Fish all wrapped up and ready to go in their tin foil boat!


Meanwhile, make your mango salsa, mix all the chopped mango and veggies in a bowl with the lime and hot pepper juices and some salt and pepper.  


Serve the fish over some brown rice, topped with the salsa.  Look how pretty!
I totally just finished eating this.  




On a fish related note, isn't this video hilarious?  





I don't know what up with the sound but I kinda don't care, the fishy faces speak for themselves.  

1 comment:

Jessica said...

HAHAHA. Dawson's fish face is not so good. If you were fish, you would be the better looking fish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...