Thursday, September 08, 2011

Episode 57 - Here fishy fishy!

Share it Please
So...no one tell Summer, but I think Fall might be growing on me.  Yeah, I know.  It's horrifying.  I feel like an adulterer.  Poor summer over on the other side of the planet alone while I'm out gallivanting around town in my new boots with Fall. Oh, the boots.  It's all about the boots.  It appears that Fall is flirting with me via it's boot-y weather (not to be confused with booty weather, which I can only assume is another thing entirely).  Yes internet, today, I wore boots to work.  Boots and leggings and a big comfy sweater, and you know what?  It was awesome.  I felt like I was wearing pjs.  Incredible.  You need to do it immediately.

Speaking of work, holy guacamole (ha!  A food joke!) is it ever busy!  I am le tired! I'm pretty sure that come December 16th (the last day of my internship) I might actually keel over into a big, exhausted pile o' Kristy.  A pile! Of Kristy!  Hopefully I'll at least be a very fit pile given the 6 Zumba classes I, in a fit of insanity, signed myself up to teach.  Yeah, 6.  On top of a full-time job.  I am a crazy person.

In any case, with all this fitness and jobness happening I haven't really had a lot of time to devote to cooking.  Don't fret, though!  Dawson, being the most wonderful man alive, has been keeping me well fed.  Tonight he made me these:

Dill-y Salmon Burgers

Fiiissshhhhhhh!
2 whole wheat burger buns
2 small skinless salmon fillets (5 oz each), cut into large chunks
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
3-4 sprigs of fresh dill, minced
1 green onion, diced
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
tomato and spinach as garnishes

First, pull out a food processor and toss in the salmon.  Blend it until its pretty much unrecognizable - it should look like pink mush.  Put your pink mush into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.  Form the mix into 2 burger patties.  Next, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.  Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes per side.  Keep an eye on them - if they overcook they'll be dry.
Meanwhile mix the dill,  green onion, mayo, mustard and salt and pepper together in a bowl.  This is your dilly-sauce.
To assemble your burger spread a little dill sauce on the bottom bun, then top with the salmon patty, spinach leaves a slice of tomato and a good dollop of dill sauce for the top.  So wonderfully dill-y!

Now if you'll excuse me I have a date with my bed...don't tell Fall.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...