Friday, September 16, 2011

Episode 61 - Tropical fishes...in a lazy suit.

Share it Please
Internet, prepare yourself for what I am about to tell you.  Today I made the incredible, not at all impulsive, obviously totally necessary purchase of a matching pair of Forever Lazies for Dawson and I.  In "asleep on the job grey"...with matching footies.  Best ever (or "bever" as I originally typed that right now).  I cannot wait for them to arrive.  We will be the most stylin' lazy couple ever.  I promise to post pictures of us in our onesies as soon as they arrive.   Until then you can fill your obvious need for stupid Kristy/Dawson pictures with this little gem:

Now just imagine us clad in matching fleecy pjs with butt-flaps.   
You can bet that I'll be wearing my lazy suit pretty much every second that I'm at home.  Watching tv?  In the lazy suit.  Napping? In the lazy suit.  Freaking out the neighbours who can totally see me practicing Zumba routines through our windows?  In the lazy suit.  Ooohhh yeah.  Admit it.  You want one too.  Go ahead and copy me.  Lazy suits for everyone! When you get your suit you can double copy me and wear it while making yourself this recipe for dinner!

Coconut Brown Rice

handful of sweetened coconut
1/2 cup brown rice
1 1/4 cup chicken broth

Heat a pot over medium heat and toss in your coconut.  Keep an eye on it and watch it get nice and toasty.  When it's about 50% brown pour in the chicken broth and rice.  Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook on low for 45 mins or until all the broth is absorbed and the rice is soft and chewy.

While the rice is cooking start the fish:

Pineapple-y yumminess.
Pineapple Glazed Trout or Salmon or Arctic Char

1 tbsp olive oil
1 fillet of the fish of your choice
a pinch of each salt and pepper
the juice from a small can of diced pineapple
1/4 cup of canned diced pineapple

Heat the oil over medium heat then carefully lay the fish fillet into the pan.  Season with the salt and pepper.  Let the first side cook for about 3 minutes the flip and season the other side.  Add in the juice and pineapple.  As the juice cooks it'll thicken into a delicious glaze-y type sauce.  Keep brushing it over the fish as it cooks - about 5 more minutes.  Done!  How easy is that?!

Serve with a veggie of some kind.  We had roasted broccoli.

You know what?   The first person to send me a picture of them eating this dish while wearing an adult onsie totally gets some sort of prize.  Don't say I never gave you anything!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...