Friday, October 07, 2011

Episode 65 - Drunken Clams

Share it Please
Someday I will have a grown-up job.  Someday I will go house hunting and find a perfect little house with a wonderful kitchen and backyard.  Someday I will have actual counter space to cook.  Someday I won't come home to find that someone has left meat out on the counter...all day.  Someday my bathroom will be big enough for both Dawson and I to stand in at the same time.  Someday the only shelf in that bathroom will not be placed directly over the toilet and someday I will not have a daily routine of fishing my possessions out of the toilet while whispering obscenities under my breath. Someday I will buy Dawson and I matching housecoats and we will spend Sunday mornings in said housecoats with big comfy socks with giant mugs of coffee and Baileys.  Oh yes internet, someday things will be wonderful and cozy and perfect.  Now if only someday would hurry up and get here before I lose my freakin' mind...

In other news, here's a recipe!

Spicy Caesar Pasta

Have you ever tried to take a decent picture of your
dinner when you're starving?  Its hard.
1 package whole wheat spaghetti noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 stalks of celery, diced
3/4 of a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 shot of vodka
1 can baby clams
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp hot sauce 
1 tbsp liquid from a hot pepper jar
salt and pepper to taste
celery salt, dried chili pepper flakes and diced celery leaves for garnish
Parmesan cheese, grated

Start a pot of water boiling for the pasta then cook according to the package directions.  Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil starts to make noise add the garlic and celery.  Cook for about 5 minutes or until the garlic starts to brown a little.  Add the vodka and cook out the alcohol for a bit. If you're braver than I am you can even try being fancy and lighting it on fire at this point.  Next add the tomatoes, clams, Worcestershire, hot sauce and hot pepper juice and cook for another 5 minutes.  Season with the salt and pepper, toss with the cooked pasta, garnish to your liking and done!  We also added cheese on top of ours because I am a cheese fiend. 

I can't take full credit for this one as it was actually born from a slightly drunken conversation I had a at wedding recently.  We collectively came to the decision that a Caesar (the drink) was really kind of like a meal, which the of course lead to us devising ways to actually make it into a meal.  Genius.  Sheer genius.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...