Sunday, October 16, 2011

Episode 67 - Knight in Shining Armour

Share it Please
There was a moment.  Actually, not really a moment, more like a situation that made me realize Dawson's complete awesomeness.  I mean, I always thought he was pretty darn neat but this really sealed the deal for me.  This one morning I was over at his place and we decided we needed to have french toast for breakfast.  Of course, upon checking we realized we had neither eggs nor bread to make this french toast.  As such we headed out to the store to get some - in our pjs.  Now of course this HAD to be the time that my car would get a flat tire and we would get stranded half way between home and the store.  Stranded.  In our pjs.  Oh, and did I mention it was minus 100000 degrees outside?  Completely frigid.  In any case, amid my panicked phone call to my dad to come get us - my go-to move in these types of situations - Dawson simply got out of the car, found my jack and spare tire (which I didn't even know I had) and voila - changed my tire.  He got down on the cold pavement, in his pyjamas and changed my tire in weather that would only be fit for someplace awful like Antarctica.  He did all this while not wearing any mitts and without a single word of complaint.  Yeah, this one's a keeper alright.


Plus, did I mention he looks like this?!  Geeeeeze.

We never ended up having our french toast that morning after all the commotion.  Nope, instead I took my knight in shining armour out for some type of ridiculously huge diner breakfast to show my overwhelming appreciation.  We DID have french toast today though!  Listen to this - Pumpkin Dulce de Leche Pancakes.  To die for.  You need to try these.

5 slices whole wheat bread
4 eggs, scrambled
1/4 cup milk,
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup dulce de leche spread, heated

Preheat a skillet to medium low.  Meanwhile, mix the vanilla, cinnamon, milk and eggs in a shallow bowl.  Dip the bread pieces into the egg-y goodness and then cook in the skillet for about 3-4 minutes per side.  Top with a thick layer of pie filling and a drizzle of sweet, creamy, dulce de leche.  I ate this before I could even bring myself to take a picture.  So.  Good.  Try it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...