Friday, November 25, 2011

Episode 74 - Mish Mash

Share it Please
Sometimes I make things and I pay absolutely no attention to what I'm doing.  Sometimes my recipes are a result of whatever happens to be lying around in my fridge at the time.  Sometimes these things turn out to be delicious and then I struggle to remember what the heck I did so that I can reproduce it next time.  This is definitely one of those sometimes...

I threw this pulled pork together in the slow cooker last night, knowing that it was going to be a really long day for us today and that we'd probably not feel like doing much of anything besides having a glass of wine in our pjs - not even cooking.  Look at me with the advanced planning!  Aside - am I giving you the impression that Dawson and I are a couple of sweatpant-wearing bums and that all we do is sit around on our couch drinking wine and eating delicious foods?  Because I feel like I am and that's not entirely accurate.  I swear, we do do other things...occasionally.  Once in a blue moon we even venture out with friends!  In public!  Wearing actual clothes!  In any case, back to the pulled pork,  it turned out pretty tasty so I wanted to share it! I must say, though, that this is a very rough recollection of what I think I may have thrown into the mix.  Try it!  Who knows?! It might be right!

Sweet and Spicy!
1 pork tenderloin, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp molasses
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp dried onion flakes
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Dump everything except the pork into the slow cooker and whisk.  Add the pork and coat it with some of the sauce.  Cook the whole thing on low for 6-8 hours.  The longer you cook it the thicker the BBQ-ish sauce will get.  Shred the cooked pork with some forks and eat!  Easiest thing ever!  Slow cookers are awesome.  You need one.  Ask Santa.

We had ours on buns with hot peppers and cheese!  Mmmmmm!


In other, shinier, news, I finished my glitter shoes and Dawson and I got a new car! Weeeee!
My outfit is embarrassing Roxie.
Wheels!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yes, you do do things in public with friends... as one of those friends, I can personally say that frequently those things involve eating (multitudes of wings or burgers) or drinking (beer). Haha. I'm glad you shared this one though, when I heard pulled pork I thought to myself "Blog post?!!".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...