Monday, January 09, 2012

Episode 81 - Fit for a King

Share it Please
So internet, what did Santa bring you this year?  I, for one, was spoiled rotten and can't even begin to choose what my favourite gift was!  I got everything from some incredible, thick, warm, fuzzy socks (aka. the socks of dreams) to a La Mer watch (ohhh so pretty) to a Kobo Vox e-reader.  What more could a girl ask for?  Maybe just a dinner fit for royalty...

Sunday deliciousness. 
Chicken a la King

2 tbsp canola oil
6 chicken thighs, diced
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup frozen peas
2 cups cooked whole wheat macaroni

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat then add in the chicken thighs and brown on all sides.  Add the onion, peppers, salt, pepper and garlic powder and cook until the veggies soften a little.  Add in the soup and cream and bring to a boil.  Toss in your peas and reduce the heat to low.  Once your peas are warmed through (2-3 minutes) add the cooked pasta, give the whole thing a stir and serve! Yummy!

Speaking of my new Kobo - how awesome are these things?  I've alredy read, and subsequently become obsessed with, the entire Hunger Games series.  Have you read them?  So! good!  Katniss kicks bum.  When I grow up I wanna be just like Katniss...

In other news, I am happy to report that I have now been able to return to wearing pants, and all is well in the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...