Monday, January 30, 2012

Episode 84 - Girly Time

Share it Please
Ok, it's about to get super girly in here.  Consider yourself warned!  I know it may be hard to believe coming from someone who spends 85% of her time looking like this:


But I really, really like beauty products.  I have banned myself from going into Sephora lest I spend my entire salary in one trip.  It's a problem really...  In any case, to feed my girly addiction I signed up for Luxebox by Loose Button, which is basically a cute little service where you pay $12 a month to get a few make-up/ skin care samples mailed to your door in a pretty little box.  Genius, right?  Right.  So, my first box arrived today and this is what I got:

1) Yves Rocher Rouge Dragee Lipstick (full size) $5- a pretty pink color
2) Benefit Creaseless Eyeshadow (full size) $19 - a sparkly gold
3) A whole wack of little perfume samples :
Prada Candy (nice, like this one)
Prada Infusion d'iris (too baby powdery)
Nina Ricci L'air du temps (awful - smells of old lady house)
Nina Ricci Nina (my favourite - fruity and light)
Paco Rabanne - Black XS (kinda nice - edible smelling)
Paco Rabanne - Lady Million (meh.  I didn't mind it but Dawson hates it)
4) Chi - silk infusion leave-in conditioner
5) Packet of Seattle's Best Coffee (Bonus)
6) Schick Hydro Silk Razor $13.99
7) Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner


Not too shabby!  Not including the perfume samples (which were probably free) or the shampoo, conditioner, coffee and leave-in treatment I got about $38 worth of stuff in my $12 box.  The products you get in the box seem to be somewhat random and there's no way to guarantee you'll like everything every time, but overall I think this is a really fun idea and I plan to stick with it for at least a little while.

If you are a sucker for samples like me and want to try out a Luxebox you can sign up here:

Stay tuned for something that's actually food related in a day or so...I'm making soup tonight! Until then tide yourself over with this picture of the perogies we made last we made last week - including the dough from hell, which is a whole other story...there was some hanger going on that night, let me tell ya!

Yummy perogies, terrible dough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...