Friday, September 02, 2011

Episode 55 - Love-fest

Share it Please
Sorry internet!  I feel like I've been a big giant whiner lately and I think it's high time I redeemed myself!  I swear, I'm usually a very happy person and I blame the recent "*blah blah blah* my car is broken, my cell phone sucks, I had to wear a jacket today *blah blah blah*" junk on my aforementioned end of summer depression.  So much negativity.  Now suddenly it's Labour Day weekend!  Summer's last hurrah!  So, in honour of this wonderful holiday I thought that rather than mourning the death of my favourite season, from now on (or for this year anyway) I should celebrate!  Positivity begins now!

So, without further ado, here is a decidedly positive list of things I am currently loving, in no particular order.

1) Krema brand Greek yogurt.  Oh my, have you tried this stuff?!  Its like eating a bowl of cheesecake batter with a spoon except you don't have to do it all 007-style when no one is looking.  It just might be my favourite dairy product and that's saying a lot coming from someone who believes that Brie cheese is essential for life.  It's just so creamy and thick!  Do you remember that old oatmeal commercial with that Scottish (at least I think he was Scottish, I'm terrible with accents) guy claiming that real oatmeal should be "thick enough to stop a bullet"?  Well, internet, this yogurt is probably juuust about bullet proof - being 9% milk fat will do that to a yogurt.  That's right, 9%.  This stuff enters dessert territory- go easy on it...or learn to like running marathons.


2) This song:


3) Actually, while we're on the subject of music, this song too:


Both of these just give me this uncontrollable urge to dance around the room and sing the lyrics at the top of my lungs.  So! Darn! Good!

4) My new riding boots!  On my last day of my retail job I was given a cash bonus!  I think it was half to let me know I was an especially good retail slave and half to try and bribe me into staying.  Obviously the bribe was unsuccessful BUT I took the bonus anyways (duh) and bought myself these babies!  Can't wait to wear them, the box they are currently sitting in just does not do them justice!

5) Perogies.  When I was at university in Kingston my roommates and I probably ate perogies 3 times a week.  At least.  We ate so many perogies that I'm surprised we didn't cause some sort of perogie drought across the city of Kingston.  I know.  The dietitian side of me cringes with I think about it.  After graduation, and when I learned to cook things other than perogies,  my obsession subsided a little and up until I found this recipe, it had been a good couple of years since I last had any at all.  I'm sure market shares of perogie companies have suffered greatly.   In any case, if you like perogies you need to try that recipe.  Homemade perogies trump frozen perogies anyday and these instantly brought back memories of living with my roomies and all of our shenanigans the studying we did.  I  miss you guys!

6) Sephora by OPI nail polish in "Under my Trenchcoat".  Sephora describes this as "opaque light-grey khaki with metallic gold".  I describe is as the perfect neutral color to wear to my internship during which I'm not supposed to wear nail polish.  I know I should just suck it up and follow the rules about the "no nail polish" thing but it's really a silly rule and silly rules were meant to be broken.  Plus, who could be opposed to such a pretty, professional looking color?!  I must buy this nail polish.

7) The movie "Crazy, Stupid Love".  This movie has everything - love scenes, fight scenes, that guy from Breaker High's abs...you can't afford to miss it.  I saw this with Dawson on a date night at the drive-in.  Which brings me to my next point...

8) The drive-in!  The only one around here is behind a barn in Port Elmsley - Port Elmsley Drive-in.  You need to go.  It makes such a perfect date night (side note: I also love date nights)!  Wear your pjs, bring some snacks and cuddle up with your love over a double feature!  All this for only $10!  Go before they close for the season, showtime starts at sundown!

9)  Old photos.  This isn't new; I've always loved photos.  Dontcha just love looking through your parent's old photo albums?  Incredible.  Go ask you parents if you can borrow one for awhile and spend some time reminiscing.  You just might find some gems like these:
Dawson is such a little man.
Little blondies - my brother and I.

 10)  Vacations.  Everyone needs a vacation now and again, right?!  I just love travelling and visiting new places!  Last year, Dawson and I went on a last minute trip to Cuba and it was the most relaxing, wonderful week of my life.  This year, since being a student doesn't pay very well, it's not looking like we're going to get to go anywhere.  *insert teary sad Kristy face here*  In any case, the following is my bucket list of places I need to go before I die:


  • Bali
  • Fiji
  • Thailand
  • Spain
  • Greece
  • Turks and Caicos
  • Portugal


I just realized that pretty much that entire list is composed of beaches I need to visit and foods I need to eat. At least I know what my priorities are!

So there you have it - 10 things I love!  I promise to try to be less of a grump from now on...or at least until winter hits!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...